Thursday

taking off a sliding shower door

brace yourself. when young house love said it, i didn't think it was that bad. but when i took my master bathroom shower door off..whoa. 
every time we'd open the bathroom door, it would slam into the shower door, and standing in the shower felt a bit claustrophobic. i'd already tried to disguise the nasty thing with a shower curtain, remember? this time, i decided to take it a step further by removing the (glass?) doors by myself.  


 i took off the doors, removed four screws and some caulk with an exacto-knife and that was it...


WRONG!
.
.
.
.


gag! underneath the insert was this mess, & it took some major cleaning and scraping. it looked like a living creature. i'm glad i removed the doors because there was some definite mold growth goin' on under there. 

after = less cramped and less cheap looking


update: goodwill was happy to take the doors off my hands!

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Shower Curtain vs Glass Door

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shower doors are very important to keep shower place clean and dry. Taking shower door off is not a good idea I think. A shower door prevent water accumulation near the shower place. Use glass shower door seal strip to install the door in your shower place to prevent scrapping of underlying wall.

    ReplyDelete