so, as i'm looking (and looking, and looking) i've noticed some things that are deal-breakers for me.
here are the things i need in a layout:
- powder room (not off kitchen or dining room!)
- open concept
- dining room + breakfast area in kitchen (i can be swayed on this one)
- kitchen island (even a decent peninsula would work)
- if one-story -- split bedrooms (that's: master on one side, "kids" on the other)
- if two-story -- master and laundry on main floor
- laundry room/mudroom (with a window would be nice)
- jack-and-jill bathroom (hello? these are few and far between)
- water closet in master bath
- separate tub and shower in master
- pantry (walk-in would be great. decent sized cabinet-style would be fine. c'mon)
- loft area upstairs for computer
i have found a plan that i can't seem to get out of my head. it checks all the boxes (minus jack-and-jill bathroom, window in laundry room, loft) plus it has 'future bonus space' above the garage. i'm just not sure what we'll be approved for (square footage-wise), and this one is at the max of what i'm assuming.